I’m delighted to discuss Mantles: Encountering Brigid with Meath Libraries Executive Librarian Mary Murphy as part of Meath Libraries and Meath County Council St Brigid’s Day Celebrations. See YouTube below to watch our discussion which will premiere on Feb 1st 2022 at 6pm.
On the evening of February 1st, I will be talking about my research on Brigid, and Creative Ireland (Kildare County Council) funded project Mantles, to members of ATGI Tour Guides of Ireland.
Many thanks to Meath County Council and ATGI for the invitations!
As part of my celebrations of Imbolc, Brigit and St Brigid, I will also be attending events and exhibitions and furthering my reading:
- Woman Spirit Ireland event with Mary Condren among others.
- Sult Artists – art exhibition on Brigid at Solas Bhríde, Feb 2022.
- Solas Bhríde events which include talks, demonstrations of rituals associated with St Brigid as well as mindful and soulful walks.
- Lightshows, talks, music, dancing around the country – See Kildare events here
- Kildare Facebook Page Brigid 1500 which commemorates the 1,500th anniversary of the death of St Brigid.
- HerStory Brigid’s Day Campaign which spearheaded the campaign to make Brigid’s Day a national holiday – which it will be, from 2023.
Wishing everyone a much healing, health, and heart this St Brigid’s Day and Imbolc.
2 thoughts on “St. Brigid’s Day Celebrations”
Thanks Shauna, loved your and Angela’s book ‘Mantles’ and really looking forward to your discussion on Tuesday. Best wishes and enjoy the upcoming events in honour of St. Brigid. Sounds very interesting. Jane
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you for your generous comment, Jane. Hope you get a chance to enjoy some of the St. Brigid’s events.