With the weather getting wetter, the evenings getting darker, and the days starting to get a little colder…the threshold has been crossed and I’m drawing the curtains and lighting a room to settle and read.
Here are two of my reading piles as we head towards winter 2022, whatever that may bring.
- Yevgenia Belorusets – Lucky Breaks (Translated by Eugene Ostashevsky)
- Annie Proulx – Fen, Bog & Swamp
- Manchán Magan – Listen to the Land Speak
- Greg Dinner – A Requiem for Hania
- Maureen Gallagher – Limbo
- Claire-Louise Bennett – Checkout 19
- Marcin Wicha – Things I Didn’t Throw Out
- Lydia Millet – Dinosaurs
- Olivia Fitzsimons – The Quiet Whispers Never Stop